Bentonite Clay - a diamond in the rough
Finding the right skin care routine takes time. Your skin is unique to you and needs individual attention. You try something, it doesn't work, you switch it up... until you have the perfect balance of products and the results you want. Having a weekly boost in your skin care routine can be a game changer. That's where the Bentonite Clay mask comes in.
Our bodies are exposed to harmful pollutants every day – from free radicals to sun exposure, dust, and grease. Our face is exposed to many things that are damaging and we often don't even realize it. Though we cannot control most of the harmful environmental exposure, we sure can reduce the ill effects by following an effective skin care routine.
The Bentonite Clay mask is a 2-3x a week clay mask that is set to clarify, detox, and remineralize your skin. We make each jar by hand to ensure freshness.
Also known as volcanic ash, bentonite clay is the remnant of volcanoes. It's pure, natural and available all over the world. Significant deposits of this clay are found near Montana and Wyoming (around Fort Benton, which is why it is called bentonite clay).
The clay carries a negative charge that causes it to attract substances with positive charge – like toxins, bacteria, and fungi, that pollute the skin. The charge draws out the toxins so that once you wash off the mask all those things are washed away, leaving your skin refreshed and clean.
The clay also contains magnesium, silicate, copper, iron, and potassium – all of which further boost skin health! Apart from clearing your skin’s surface, bentonite clay has a host of other benefits!
- After it does its job detoxifying, it infuses skin with minerals, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and silicon.
- Bentonite granules provide additional cleansing by sloughing away dead skin cells very softly to renew the outer layer of our skin, the epidermis. Leaving the skin feeling more smooth, soft and “glowy”.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, the four main causes of acne are: oil production, dead skin cells, clogged pores, and bacteria. Bentonite addresses them ALL! Remember its absorbent abilities? When mixed with water and used as a face mask or spot treatment, bentonite pulls out excess sebum and bacteria from the skin
One of the biggest myths about oily skin is that you should use harsh, alcohol-based products to dry it out. This simply isn’t true! When you strip away natural oils, your skin over produces those oils to compensate...basically sending it into survival mode. Instead, you want to look for natural ingredients—like bentonite clay—that help balance sebum levels naturally.
How to use:
- Apply to a clean face
- Leave for 15 - 20 minutes, while it dries
- Remove with warm water
- * only use fingers, plastic, or wood spatula. Any metal while adversely effect the composition of the clay.
- Follow up with serum + moisturizer
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published